Maryland Vision Center
Ophthalmologists & Eye Surgeons located in Frederick County, Frederick, MD
Any time an eye emergency occurs, Maryland Vision Center can help. At the practice, Dr. Thadani can help patients throughout Frederick and Baltimore with emergency situations which can risk damaging their sight.
Eye Emergency Visit Q & A
What is Considered an Eye Emergency?
An eye emergency is any situation where a foreign object or chemical enters the eye. It also applies to situations where the eye or the surrounding areas have been injured or burned. Patients should seek immediate medical attention for these situations and whenever there is swelling, pain, or redness in the eyes.
What Symptoms Are Associated with an Eye Emergency?
Contact the eye doctor if you feel you have something in your eye or if you experience:
- Loss of vision
- One eye not moving like the other
- Eye pain
- Burning or stinging
- Different sized pupils
- Bruising around eye
- Double vision
- Decrease in vision
- One eye is bulging or sticking out
- Redness and irritation
- Bleeding from eye
- Discharge from eye
- Light sensitivity
- Blood in white area of eye
With bleeding, sudden vision loss, swelling, or pain, a patient should visit the ER right away.
How Can I Prevent an Eye Emergency?
Though accidents and injuries can happen anywhere, there are steps you can take to avoid an eye emergency which include:
- Do not let your children play with projectile toys such as pellet guns and darts.
- Keep heated hair appliances, such as curling irons, away from the eyes.
- Wear protective eyewear when using tools, playing sports, or when you are near a situation where there will be flying objects.
- Follow the directions when using cleaning supplies and chemicals.
- Use caution when cooking with oil or grease.
- Keep your distance from fireworks and flame.
- Childproof the house by removing or cushioning sharp edges.
- Keep sharp instruments, knives, and scissors away from children and teach older kids to use the items the correct, safe way.
We work with many different insurance providers, please contact our office for more information.
Words from our patients
"Outstanding experience! Professional staff with a pleasant and helpful demeanor. "
"Dr Thadani and his staff have been extremely professional and proficient. His manner, knowledge, and command of the specialty has been completely reassuring. "
" I am very satisfied and happy with the results of my recent cataract surgery performed by Dr. Thadani. Both eyes are seeing perfectly as he promised they would!"
"Dr. Thadani has been treating me for approximately 3 yrs. I have to say I am very pleased with the service I have received from him and his staff. "
"My surgical on my right eye was great. The doctor was great. Outstanding place to come for yours eyes."
Greatly appreciated Dr Chado not just fixing my issue, but also explaining options, prevention and maintenance solutions.
Great care and caring staff. Highly recommend Dr. Chado